Venue: Shaw Trust Centre
Address: D,Arcy Business Centre, Llandarcy, Neath SA10 6EJ
Remaining Spaces: 0
The ILS course has been developed in order to standardise much of the in-hospital training undertaken already by Resuscitation Officers. Its aim is to train healthcare personnel in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, simple airway management and safe defibrillation (manual and/or AED), enabling them to manage patients in cardiac arrest until arrival of a cardiac arrest team and to participate as members of that team.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include:
- Understand current legislation and local resuscitation policies.
- Roles and responsibilities in responding to persons in an emergency situations.
- Recognising cardiorespiratory arrest.
- Responding to patients with clinical deterioration, escalating care in accordance with local policy.
- Immediate airway management oropharyngeal airway and I-Gel surpraglottic airway.
- Safe and effective use of emergency oxygen
- Operating an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safely and appropriately
- Responsibilities in reporting and recording details of an emergency event accurately
- Know how to apply the local Do Not Attempt Resuscitation Policy within a clinical context
- Recognising the seriously ill adult and initiate appropriate interventions to prevent cardiorespiratory arrest
- Understand and be able to apply the DRABCD approach
- Initial post resuscitation care until the arrival of the resuscitation team
- Optional targeted training