Venue: Shaw Trust Centre
Address: D,Arcy Business Centre, Llandarcy, Neath SA10 6EJ
Remaining Spaces: 13
This Pressure Area Care and Tissue Viability course is designed for carers and RGN’s who may need to update their skill and knowledge on the topics of pressure area care and tissue viability (prevention and management of wounds) including aspects of skin and soft tissue wounds.
This Pressure Area Care and Tissue Viability course considers measures to prevent pressure area wound development, the different types of pressure area wounds and best practice when managing wounds.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- The anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Definition and grading of pressure ulcers
- Discover how the blanch test can detect early signs of skin damage and skin inspection
- Identify those at greater risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Describe common sites for pressure ulcers to develop
- How to follow the agreed care plan
- Materials, equipment and resources available to prevent and relieve pressure
- How to apply standards and precautions of infection control
- Understand the risk factor for pressure ulcers
- Differentiate between pressure, shear and friction forces
- Outline the role nutritional plays in the treatment and prevention of skin damage
- Examine the latest ways of cleaning skin to avoid damage
- Factors delaying the healing process
To make a booking you can simply select the link on the email we sent you. Or alternatively you can submit a place on the course by viewing your mobile app, scroll down to ‘book training courses’ and select the course you wish to attend. If you have any questions please contact us on 01792 512222.
Members - Click below to book this course.
Clients, please contact the main office via E-mail or phone to book.
Book This Course