Venue: Shaw Trust Centre
Address: D,Arcy Business Centre, Llandarcy, Neath SA10 6EJ
Remaining Spaces: 13
This Wound Management training course is designed for nurses and health care assistants involved in caring for patients with chronic and acute wounds.
As a result of this wound management training session each candidate will have greater appreciation of wound types and the appropriate techniques to manage them effectively.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of national policies and guidance in relation to wound care
- Types of wounds – chronic / acute
- Understand the 3 stages of wound healing
- Identify the different cells involved in the stages of wound healing
- Explain the importance of infection control protocols in relation to wound care management.
- 4 Principles of wound management – TIME concept (Tissue, Infection, Moisture, Edge)
- Categories and principles of wound healing
- Selecting the appropriate dressing and Aseptic Non-Touch Techniques
- Decision-making including safeguarding and record keeping
To make a booking you can simply select the link on the email we sent you. Or alternatively you can submit a place on the course by viewing your mobile app, scroll down to ‘book training courses’ and select the course you wish to attend. If you have any questions please contact us on 01792 512222.
Members - Click below to book this course.
Clients, please contact the main office via E-mail or phone to book.
Book This Course