Venue: Shaw Trust Centre
Address: D,Arcy Business Centre, Llandarcy, Neath SA10 6EJ
Remaining Spaces: 14
The Catheterisation training course is designed for staff wanting to update both their theory and practical skills in catheterisation.
Urinary Catheterisation is a medical procedure used to drain and collect urine from the bladder. By the end of the Catheterisation training course attendees will be familiar with reasons for catheterisation, the equipment selection and the processes involved with male, female and supra pubic catheterisation.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- Definitions and methods of catheterisation
- Understand the advantages and risks of urethral and suprapubic catheterisation
- Indications for urethral and suprapubic catheterisation • Contraindications to catheterisation Urological anatomy and physiology male and female
- Post procedure catheter positioning
- Post procedure check list
- Daily care of catheter systems including record keeping
- Male and/or female and/or supra pubic catheterisation procedure (theory and practical session)
- Applied practical workstation and simulated practical assessment
- Ethical and legal responsibilities
- Competency framework and theory test
To make a booking you can simply select the link on the email we sent you. Or alternatively you can submit a place on the course by viewing your mobile app, scroll down to ‘book training courses’ and select the course you wish to attend. If you have any questions please contact us on 01792 512222.
Members - Click below to book this course.
Clients, please contact the main office via E-mail or phone to book.
Book This Course